Sunday, August 28, 2005

Insomnia and its Culinary Daydreamings

My insomnia has returned.

I crawl through my days, my eyes heavy-lidded and framed with dark circles, until I get to finally crawl into bed. I'm so exhausted that it literally is painful to keep my eyes open. And by 10 p.m., I'm out. Exhausted. Sometimes not even making it into pyjamas.

And at 3 a.m., I'm up again.

Still exhausted maybe, but completely and utterly unable to sleep.

I've taken to reading my cookbooks and planning my pantry recipes for when J. and I move out to the bush.

And I think I'm getting some inspiration from the brief glances in the newspaper at the giant vegetables being showcased at the Alaska State Fair.

In any event, I've been employing my Insomniac Hours reading up on Hungarian recipes for cabbage, and marking those ones that I will be likely to find ingredients for when we move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home