Saturday, April 30, 2005

"airfresh"

New Sagaya has marketing spots on all the local radio stations spotlighting the availability of "airfresh" corn on the cob - just flown in from California.

I succumbed.

Or rather, I shall succumb. Tonight the picnique table will be hosting a welcome grill for two new neighbors "airfresh" from Back East. That corn will go perfectly with the Domestic Goddess' coffee-marinated steak. I think I shall pedal by New Sagaya on my way home, and toss a couple into the bike basket.

Oh. Sun and summer is a fabulous thing - and what a good thing that long, cold, dark winter was, because I see now that it gave me the priceless ability to welcome summer with the same exhillerating enthusiasm that I haven't really felt since I was a child walking home after the last day of school thinking that I had a whole summer of fun ahead of me. I am giddy with it. And my eyes have adjusted, so I am giddy AND immersed in it.

****

Lest anyone think that this is a one time anomoly in the world of Alaskan marketing, my favorite burger spot makes a point of noting that their chicken is flown in daily from Washington State. And there is a cottage industry here for doughnuts - many a fundraiser and many an entrepreneur in need of a quick cash influx, has set up a tent in some parking lot or another with large signs advertising the "Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Flown in Just That Morning." Sometimes, instead of a tent, the salesman is selling Krisy Kreme doughnuts from a U-Haul filled to its brim with boxes. It's generally much easier to pass by the u-haul untempted, as I am convinced that more than one local entrepreneur has attempted to make his millions driving up the Al-Can Highway with a U-Haul full of Seattle Krispy Kreme doughnuts. It's a 3 day trip - probably 7 if anyone were crazy enough to let me drive it.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a african food site. It pretty much covers african food related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
gardening

10:10 AM  
Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

6:27 PM  
Blogger bill naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about gourmet gift. It pretty much covers gourmet gift related stuff.

2:23 AM  
Blogger blaze said...

I really enjoyed you cooking rib website. I also have a site about cooking rib Please take a look. I hope you will find it interesting

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog - it makes good reading. Thought you might be interested in our great gift website. With Christmas not far away you cwill be able to find a range of superb unique and novelty gift ideas for everyone. Take a look at The Cosmic Superstore or Christmas gift ideas UK

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **christmas gift** site/blog. It pretty much covers ##all christmas gift needs##

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

**christmas gifts****for everyone**

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegetables are great, but the Heart Start Defibrillator is better (At saving your life, that is ;) ).

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great, but I've seen very different opinions of cardiac science aed

5:10 PM  
Blogger www.k-and-ktreasures.com said...

I just came across your blog about hayes brakes and I think it is really informative for all of your members. You could consider visiting my site about hayes brakes to guide your guests towards products and services related to hayes brakes. Keep up the good work!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home