Saturday, January 22, 2005

Weekend Workers

I can still remember living with the assumption of a working weekend, when a particularly langorous weekend jaunt before going to the office was a treat and a bold decision not to go at all was a euphoria until a doubled level of angst befell me on Sunday night.

Working on the weekend was simply caveated into any social promise I attempted to make.

So, now, that I'm working today, it is sort of an opportunity to compare. What made those working weekends intolerable, these ones .... almost relaxing.

I ponder. I work the question. And at comes a simple explanation: the absence of expectation, the presence of appreciation.

I am choosing to be here, and that choice is recognized and noted.

How much of my life is improved simply because my efforts are now relevant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home